Arterra Wines Canada Terms of Service
Version: July 14, 2021
These Terms of Service (the “Terms”) related to your use of any website or other online service or platform of Arterra Wines Canada, Inc., or any of its companies, including without limitation the Wine Rack, RJS, Great Estates Niagara and Great Estates Okanagan websites and our other websites (collectively, “Arterra”), that provides an authorized link to these Terms (collectively, the “Services”), as well as our interactions with you on third party platforms.
The Terms are a binding legal contract between you and Arterra. Please read the Terms carefully before using the Services. By accessing or using the Services you agree to be bound by these Terms. Do not use the Services if you do not accept the Terms.
We may modify the Terms at any time. Your use of the Services after we post modifications to the Terms means that you accept the modified Terms. You must be of legal drinking age in your jurisdiction of residence in Canada to use the Services.
These Terms contain provisions that limit the liability of Arterra.
3. Registration and Security
You may register for certain activities provided through the Services. When you register or provide any other information in connection with the Services, you agree to provide accurate, current, and complete information and to promptly update this information to maintain its accuracy. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of any password and username that you are given or select, and you are responsible for all activities that occur under your password or account. Arterra has the right to suspend or terminate any account or other registration if it suspects that such information is inaccurate or incomplete. You agree to immediately notify Arterra of any unauthorized use of your password or username or any other breach of security.
4. Prohibited Content and Activities
You may not use the Services to take any action that could harm us or anyone else, interfere with the Services, or use the Services in a manner that violates any law. For example, you may not:
- Impersonate any person or entity, or misrepresent your credentials or any information you provide;
- Engage in unauthorized spidering, scraping, or harvesting of content, or use any other unauthorized means to compile information;
- Harvest or otherwise collect or store any information (including personal information) about other users, including e‑mail addresses, without the express consent of such users;
- Solicit, collect, transmit, store, or otherwise make available private information or personal information of any third party;
- Use the Services to send commercial electronic messages or install a computer program on another person’s computer system;
- Obtain or attempt to gain unauthorized access to other computer systems, materials, information, or any services available on or through the Services;
- Use any device, software, or program to interfere with the Services or attempt to probe, scan, test the vulnerability of, or breach the security of any system, device, or network;
- Circumvent, reverse engineer, decipher, decompile, disassemble, decrypt, or otherwise interfere with any software that is a part of the Services, or use any tools for compromising security (e.g., password‑guessing programs, cracking tools, or network probing tools);
- Use another's information, account, or password, except as expressly permitted;
- Take any action that imposes an unreasonable load on our network or infrastructure;
- Upload or otherwise transmit any communication, software, or material that contains a virus or is otherwise harmful to our or our users' computers, devices, or systems;
- For the purpose of misleading others, create a false identity of the sender or the origin of a message, forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any material transmitted through the Services; or
- Engage in any other conduct that restricts any person from using the Services, or that, in our sole judgment, exposes us, users, or any other third party to any liability, damages, or detriment of any type.
5. Intellectual Property
All content, code, software, and any other materials that are part of the Services other than any content you may submit (collectively, the “Arterra Content”) is the property of Arterra. You may use the Services and print copies of Arterra Content only for noncommercial, informational, personal use, without modification, and only so long as you comply with these Terms.
- Copyright and Other Intellectual Property Rights. You agree that all copyrights and other intellectual property rights related to the Services are owned by Arterra or its third‑party licensors as permitted under applicable laws. Unless expressly permitted by an authorized person in writing or as permitted by applicable law, you may not copy, reproduce, distribute, publish, enter into a database, display, perform, modify, create derivative works from, transmit, or in any way use or exploit any part of the Arterra Content.
- Trademarks. You acknowledge and agree that all Arterra logos and marks as well as other proprietary materials depicted in connection with the Services and the Arterra Content are the property of Arterra and may not be used commercially without the prior written consent of Arterra.
- Notice of Infringement. If you believe in good faith that content you own has been reproduced on the Services in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide us with the following information in writing to our Contact Information below:
- An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyrighted work or a representative list of the works claimed to have been infringed;
- Identification of the allegedly infringing material and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material;
- Your name, address, telephone number, and email address, so that we may contact you if necessary;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement by you, that you represent and warrant that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf.
6. Social Media Integration
7. User Submissions
Certain areas of the Services may enable you to publicly post comments, send emails, or otherwise submit information to us. You remain fully responsible for the content that you provide in connection with the Services, including information, audio recordings, videos, photographs, documents, or any other materials (“User Content”). In addition to complying with Section 4, you agree not to provide User Content that:
- Infringes or violates the copyright, trademark, patent, or other intellectual property right of any person or entity;
- Is false, misleading, defamatory, obscene, abusive, hateful, threatening, harassing, or sexually explicit;
- Violates any person or entity’s right to privacy or publicity;
- Contains advertising or a solicitation of any kind;
- Personally attacks or impersonates any person or entity, or falsely states or otherwise misrepresents an affiliation with a person or entity;
- Degrades others on the basis of gender, race, class, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual preference, orientation or identity, disability, or other classification;
- Transmits, stores, or otherwise makes available a virus, Trojan horse, worm, spyware, bot, or other harmful programming routine;
- Makes available material of a commercial nature or sends, causes or permits to be sent commercial electronic messages, including but not limited to advertising, promotions, junk mail, spam, pyramid schemes, chain letters, or solicitations of any kind;
- Violates any applicable law, or advocates illegal activity.
If the Services permit you to submit User Content, you may only provide User Content that is original and that you have the right to provide. By providing us User Content, you grant us a royalty‑free, irrevocable, perpetual, non‑exclusive, worldwide, fully sub‑licensable, transferable, license to publish, reproduce, distribute, transmit, display, perform, edit, adapt, modify, translate, create derivative works of, sell, offer for sale, export, and otherwise use and exploit your User Content in any way that we want and in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed. You hereby waive any moral rights you may have in your User Content. You represent that you have obtained all necessary permissions from any person or entity identified in or implicated by your submission (including those shown in photographic or video content), and, in the case of minors, also from their parents or legal guardians, as appropriate.
If you are under the legal drinking age in your jurisdiction of residence, you may not provide any User Content to us.
8. Links and Third Party Content
You may link to our Services provided that you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it. You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest or imply any form of association, approval, or endorsement on our part where none exists. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
9. Wine Clubs
Subscribers to Arterra’s wine clubs are subject to the terms and conditions of each wine club and their subscription packages, which may include but are not limited to the Great Estates Niagara, Great Estates Okanagan, Inniskillin and Jackson-Triggs Wine Clubs. These terms and conditions may be updated from time to time on the Wine Club websites. Please check the websites directly for current terms and conditions, or contact the wine clubs directly or at the Contact Information below if you have questions about subscriptions packages or your wine club membership.
The material on our Services could include technical inaccuracies or other errors. Your use and browsing of our Services is at your risk. Neither Arterra Wines Canada, Inc. or its affiliates, nor any other party involved in creating, producing or delivering the website shall be liable for any direct, incidental, consequential, indirect or punitive damages arising out of your access to, or use of, the website. Arterra does not warrant that the functional aspects of the website will be uninterrupted or error free, or that this website or the server that makes it available is free of viruses or other harmful components. Without limiting the foregoing, everything on the website is provided to you "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON INFRINGEMENT. Please note that some jurisdictions may not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, so some of the above exclusions may not apply to you. Arterra reserves the right to make changes to this website at any time without notice.
In our sole discretion, we may restrict, suspend, or terminate your access to and use of the Services, with or without prior notice. Arterra is not responsible for any error in copy or images relating to the Services or any other products offered via the Services. Errors will be corrected when discovered and Arterra reserves the right to revoke any stated offer and to correct any error, inaccuracy, or omission (including after an order has been submitted).
Otherwise applicable sections of these Terms shall survive termination. Arterra also reserves the right to seek all remedies available at law and in equity for violations of these Terms. Upon termination, you must cease all use of the Services, including any of the Arterra Content.
12. Governing Law
Except where prohibited by applicable law, which may include the Province of Quebec, the following terms apply to all legal disputes between you and Arterra. These Terms are governed by the laws of Canada and the province of Ontario, without giving effect to their principles of conflicts of law. Except where prohibited by applicable law, which may include the Province of Quebec, by using the Services, you waive any claims that may arise under the laws of other provinces, countries, territories, or jurisdictions.
You agree to indemnify, hold harmless, and defend Arterra, its affiliates and licensors, and each of their respective officers, directors, shareholders, contractors, agents, employees, general and limited partners, successors, and assigns from and against any and all demands, claims, damages, liabilities, judgments, fines, interest, penalties, losses, costs, expenses, and harms, including without limitation reasonable legal fees and fees of other professional advisers, arising out of or in connection with (i) your use of the Services, (ii) your online conduct in connection with the Services, (iii) your (or anyone acting under your password or username) violation or breach of these Terms, (iv) your failure to comply with any applicable laws or regulations in connection with the Services, (v) your negligence, willful misconduct, or violations of the intellectual property or other rights of any person in connection with the Services, or (vi) any of your dealings or transactions with other persons, persons or third party platforms resulting from use of the Services. These obligations will survive any termination of these Terms.
14. Integration, Severability and Waiver
These Terms and all other legal notices, statements or terms and conditions posted or made available to you on the Services constitute the entire agreement between Arterra and you. In the event any provision of these Terms is held unenforceable, it will not affect the enforceability of the remaining provisions and will be replaced by an enforceable provision that comes closest to the intention underlying the unenforceable provision. Our failure to enforce any provisions of the Terms or respond to a breach by you or other parties shall not in any way waive our right to enforce subsequently any terms or conditions of the Terms or to act with respect to similar breaches.
15. Contact Information
Please contact Consumer Inquiries at:
Arterra Wines Canada, Inc.
441 Courtneypark Drive East
Mississauga, ON L5T 2V3
Phone: 1 (877) 919-7587
You are about to cancel this pick up order. Please specify the reason for the cancellation below before continuing.
You have just cancelled order number:
Confirm Pick Up
You are about to confirm this pick up order. Please specify any notes (if applicable below) before continuing.
Confirmed pick up for order number: